We will be delighted to welcome our supporters and friends at our open meeting at 2 pm on Saturday 11th November at Crewe Heritage Centre. There will be a presentation and question and answer session in the LNWR Society’s room on the ground floor of Crewe North old signal box, followed by an inspection of the locomotive in the Main Hall. The meeting will finish by 4.30 pm at the latest.
This is an opportunity to meet the team and put your questions to them. We would be delighted to welcome any new volunteers, and look forward to meet our friends and supporters.
Thanks to our friends at Crewe Heritage Centre and the LNWR Society for use of their facilities.
Crewe Heritage Centre, Vernon Way, Crewe, CW1 2DB
- The Heritage Centre is about 15 minutes walk from the station.
- Leave the station via the Nantwich Road exit and turn left towards the Royal Hotel.
- Cross at the pedestrian crossing and continue past the Royal Hotel until you get to the ‘Cheshire Inn’ public house.
- Turn right and walk down Mill Street and Continue past Costa Coffee and Lidl.
- Once under the railway bridge turn right at the roundabout and continue along Vernon Way until you see the entrance to the big Tesco. Follow the sign into the Heritage Centre behind Tesco.
- By Car
- From M6 junction 16 with A500 if coming from East or South. Take A500 west as far as the first roundabout , take the third exit to B5472 signed for Weston, Crewe Hall and Enterprise Park, At the next roundabout turn left onto Weston Road signed for Crewe Centre. At the next roundabout take the second exit to A532 Town Centre. Pass alongside Crewe station on the left, at the roundabout take the third exit to Macon Way, signed Crewe Town Centre. At the next mini-roundabout take the first exit left onto Earle Street, then second exit from the roundabout soon after, finally at the next roundabout turn left to pass alongside the big Tesco to the Heritage centre at the far end.
- From M6 junction17 coming from the North take the A534 to Crewe Green. After about 5 miles take the fourth exit of the big Crewe Green roundabout on to Hungerford Road. After about ¾ mile at the roundabout carry straight on to Earle Street A532, and at the two immediately following roundabouts keep on Earle Street A532, then immediately left alongside the Big Tesco to the Heritage Centre
- From the Nantwich and West, use A500 Shavington Bypass to RB3 roundabout. Take the first exit to Jack Mills Way and stay on this for 1¼ miles. At the cross-road with Nantwich Road carry straight on into Mill Street A5019. At the roundabout take the second exit to Vernon Way A 5019/A532. You will shortly come to the Tesco roundabout, where you take the third exit and keep on to the Heritage Centre at the end.